Welcome, Guest
General Discussions

Anything that doesn't quite fit into any other category can be posted here. Introduce your self, talk about something related to RC or the website or just express your thoughts about any subject you think relates to the project.

TOPIC: GPS GSM gizmo?

GPS GSM gizmo? 9 years 8 months ago #952

• ZippyDan
  • Fresh Boarder
I found this website based on these two links:

archive.linuxgizmos.com/modular-open-sou...one-runs-omap3x-soc/
archive.linuxgizmos.com/open-source-hard...stix-based-handheld/

Specifically, I am looking for a GPS tracker that sends data via GSM (cellphone) signal and support two-way communication (ability to send commands via SMS)

But now that I am here, I can't seem to find the gizmo mentioned above. Anyone have any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

GPS GSM gizmo? 9 years 8 months ago #953

• OSFlyerWiz
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 49
Hi Zippy,

Those devices as well as many others are projects i did many years ago when i just opened up Gizmo For You. Sources are in the Files section, descriptions are in the Blog section. Feel free to browse through them but i recommend getting a ready GPS tracker from E-bay if Tracking is all you shall be doing since that GPS tracker was made just for fun sake and the only reason i made it was to have an Open Source device that basically can be customized for someone who knows the code.
Ilios - Building Open Innovation

I welcome everyone to participate in Ilios discussions, stories, projects and other related content as well as contribute in any way possible to make the project a truly helpful and versatile tool for everyone to use and constantly improve.

Yours, Demetris Z.
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by OSFlyerWiz.

GPS GSM gizmo? 9 years 8 months ago #954

• ZippyDan
  • Fresh Boarder
OK thanks. The problem is that, in my experience, all the GPS/GSM trackers I can find are made in China with terrible documentation and interfaces, poor quality, poor reliability, and lack important functionality. I was hoping that an open source community would have created some really robust and feature-filled options. Oh well ...
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Creative Commons License

OSRC by rdGizmo For You LTD is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License

Supported By